Job Title: Head of Development
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week including one hour lunch. Standard hours Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Flexible working may be required.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Job Description: As Head of Development, the successful candidate will influence the development processes across a range of projects and become the heart of all web-related decision making. Experienced and confident in influencing the team to deliver top code quality, with the ability and enthusiasm to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into some hands-on coding and delivery of own projects.
Reporting directly into the CEO, you will be leading a team of developers in a multi project environment.
A very strong hands-on coder with the knowledge and experience to recommend and implement new and emerging trends into your growing team.
The successful candidate will:
• Manage the Web Development team with mentoring, appraisals and 121s
• Support the digital functions across the business helping to advise on best practice.
• Work to introduce a continuous-improvement ethos, suggesting proactive changes to processes to improve the service provided to the business
• Manage relationships with suppliers and other third-parties, leading regular reviews and monitoring against agreed SLAs.
• Work with the UX/Design team
• Provide regular reports to management on the performance of the team and systems supported.
§ WordPress and Advanced Custom Fields Knowledge.
§ Experience working with CSS pre-processors (e.g. SASS, LESS, Gulp, Grunt)
§ Experience with SQL databases.
§ Photoshop experience.
§ 10 years Agency experience (or similar) preferred
§ Version control with GitHub/BitBucket
§ Knowledge of SEO best practice
§ The ability to communicate ideas and solve problems from a technical perspective.
§ Experience migrating websites from development to live environments.