DevOps Engineer - Java, AWS, TDD, Python - EXETER
* Based onsite for client in Exeter (Any candidates submitted must be aware of the nature of the business and potential travel to client sites nationwide)
* Eligible for SC clearance would be a bonus but not essential
Our client voted as one of the best workplaces 2017, is a leading European professional services firm providing consultancy and support to large enterprises in the field of data centre automation..
Headquartered in London, United Kingdom, They have successfully delivered data centre automation projects in some of the largest organisations in both the public and private sectors across Europe.
You will deliver hands-on, business-oriented strategic and technical consulting to our clients for cloud infrastructure and data centre automation solutions.
Our Engineers and Architects come from a DevOps background and are technically adept in configuration management tools, continuous development, Linux environments and have experience of delivering cloud infrastructure and cloud automation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
You will join a project engineering team and focus on adding hands-on technical expertise, ensuring outcomes meet the highest technical and agile standards.
We expect our engineers to understand the client’s project aims and to offer professional and commercial insight to ensure client satisfaction as well as representing the commercial interests of the business.
We always expect our engineers to be very self-sufficient when engaged in smaller assignments representing the company by themselves, always ensuring customer satisfaction through high quality work and outstanding client care.
* DevOps background/experience
* Scripting ability (ideally Python or Ruby)
* Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development)
* Previous experience in using TDD frameworks/methodologies to create Java Code based on a user story
* A Background in Java Development is essential
* Experience with AWS is preferable
* Experience of Agile / Scrum methodology
* A passion for open source technologies and the open source community
* Demonstrable experience in cloud-automation
* Demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new technologies.
* Demonstrate the ability to solve complex, multi-system problems.
* Have experience of stakeholder management within complex organisations.
* Be comfortable with being responsible for the delivery of significant cloud and automation projects.
* Be willing to work in multiple locations and prepared to travel.
* Be a fast learner, ambitions, and comfortable working in high-pressure environments.
* Exhibit a proven track record of continually looking for ways to improve customer satisfaction.
25 days Holidays
Annual flexible benefits allowance offering a choice of;
- Private medical insurance
- Dental cover
- Gym membership
- Buying holiday
- Company pension
- Tax efficient salary sacrifice schemes
- Childcare allowance
- Cycle to work scheme