Lead Front End Developer
Location: City of London
Salary: £70,000 to £100,000
Our client are one of the most innovative and progressive creative agencies on the market. A subsidiary of a leading Technology consultancy, Our client we’re also listed in the best companies to work for in 2019.
They create ideas and solutions across Brand communication, Digital and Direct communication, Digital Products and Platforms, Digital Innovation, Film & Print Production and PR & Social.
But that’s enough about them (for now…. there’s more on what it’s like to work there, further down), first, Let us tell you about the Role:
This role will sit within the Digital Products and Platforms team. You’ll work alongside, and collaboratively with, other Developers across Web, iOS and Android, QA, Product Managers, Delivery Managers, UX Designers, UI Designers, and QA (all based within our office in Farringdon).
You will have overall responsibility for all Front-End web technology within the Product team; leading and growing a team of talented web developers (30%) and architecting and leading web development and ensuring all of our web delivery is flawless whilst constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible (70%). If you come from a full stack background you’ll use your experience to take the lead with integration concerns such as CMS choice, middleware solutions, appropriate API design and end-to-end security.
What does that mean for you?
• You’ll be empowered to lead, mentor and motivate a bunch of talented developers, taking responsibility for ensuring the team flourishes and develops.
• You’ll be architecting and hands-on leading the development of complex and innovative products, for a wide range of exciting well-known brands.
• You’ll be the leading voice for Web within Product: steering change, evolving delivery as technologies emerge and fade, allowing us to refine capabilities across a variety of technologies
Join the team, and you’ll be:
• Leading, mentoring and motivating a talented team of web developers.
• Leading hands-on development of well-architected web applications.
• Collaborating with team members across all disciplines and practices.
• Keeping yourself and your team up to date with, and champion, all the latest technology and trends.
To join the team, ideally you will have experience with some/most of the following:
• Unit testing (Jasmine, Jest, Enzyme etc.)
• Automation testing
• Serverside rendering
What happens next:
What’s it like to work at There:
We believe in ‘Good Works’. It is the ethos upon which the company was founded, and stays at the heart of everything we do. It’s a simple belief; if we do good, good will come to us.
We have always been a values and people led organisation. And would describe ourselves as a group of interesting, interested, smart, motivated and collaborative characters who care (about it all: each other, clients and of course the work). It’s by no accident that we choose our Employee of the Month and Team of the Month based on our 4 C’s: Care, Collaboration, Candour and Character.
But we don’t just talk the talk; As a top 10 in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for in 2019, we are extremely proud of our working culture here; its unique, and we’re famous for it. We are proud to have created a working environment in which our people can thrive. Learning and Development, Wellbeing, and Inclusion & Diversity are all taken very seriously, but we’re still growing, still learning, and still need YOU to help us continue to do so.
Perks and Benefits:
On top of all the standard benefits you would expect (Private medical, Pension, Gym membership – Gym Box or Mob45, Season ticket loan, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare vouchers, 25 days holiday and a bonus Birthday half day holiday, plus more)
we offer some pretty unique and exciting initiatives:
• Being Family Friendly - we want to be inclusive of people who have families or side hustles, so we’re open to flexible working arrangements.
• Wellbeing Week – Run twice a year, our Wellbeing Weeks offer our people wellbeing initiatives from Ask a Physio, Introduction to Hypnotherapy and Introduction to Mindfulness talks to Flu Jabs, Art Classes and Financial Advice workshops.
• In house mindfulness coaching available to all.
• Our LBGTQ+ network who are helping challenge the status quo when it comes to Inclusion & Diversity in the advertising industry.
• We have a team who organise and run charity events for our Charity of the Year (this year its North London Cares).
• Tea @ 4 – Every Tuesday and Thursday our Operations team lays on Tea @ 4. A nice cuppa, slice of cake and a mingle in our Canteen? What’s not to love!
• On site chef – Chef Jason cooks for us 4 days a week. The meals are subsidised to help you save a bit of cash too.
• Karma Sound Sessions – We host gigs for up and coming artists who come in to perform showcases for us. Stripped back and intimate, there’s a high chance these will become “I was there when…” moments.
• Academy– Monthly talks to keep everyone informed and up-to-date with all that’s happening in the industry and beyond. Previously we’ve swatted up with the likes of Spotify and Google