DevOps Engineer / Cloud Automation Solutions Architect
Locations - London
Eligible for SC clearance would be a bonus but not essential
Salary - £70,000 to £100,000
Our client voted as one of the best workplaces 2017, is a leading European professional services firm providing consultancy and support to large enterprises in the field of data centre automation..
Headquartered in London, United Kingdom, They have successfully delivered data centre automation projects in some of the largest organisations in both the public and private sectors across Europe.
You will deliver hands-on, business-oriented strategic and technical consulting to our clients for cloud infrastructure and data centre automation solutions.
Our Engineers and Architects come from a DevOps background and are technically adept in configuration management tools, continuous development, Linux environments and have experience of delivering cloud infrastructure and cloud automation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
You will join a project engineering team and focus on adding hands-on technical expertise, ensuring outcomes meet the highest technical and agile standards.
We expect our engineers to understand the client’s project aims and to offer professional and commercial insight to ensure client satisfaction as well as representing the commercial interests of the business.
We always expect our engineers to be very self-sufficient when engaged in smaller assignments representing the company by themselves, always ensuring customer satisfaction through high quality work and outstanding client care.
· Must have Public Cloud knowledge/experience - AWS or Azure ideally
· Experience with Terraform would be massively beneficial
· Strong knowledge of Linux based systems
· DevOps background/experience
· Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible and Salt
· Knowledge of various cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Openstack
· Scripting ability (ideally Python or Ruby)
· Knowledge of Containers and Container Orchestration such as Docker or Kubernetes
· Experience of Agile / Scrum methodology
· A passion for open source technologies and the open source community
· Demonstrable experience in cloud-automation
· Demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new technologies.
· Demonstrate the ability to solve complex, multi-system problems.
· Have experience of stakeholder management within complex organisations.
· Be comfortable with being responsible for the delivery of significant cloud and automation projects.
· Be willing to work in multiple locations and prepared to travel.
· Be a fast learner, ambitions, and comfortable working in high-pressure environments.
· Exhibit a proven track record of continually looking for ways to improve customer satisfaction.
25 days Holidays
Annual flexible benefits allowance offering a choice of;
- Private medical insurance
- Dental cover
- Gym membership
- Buying holiday
- Company pension
- Tax efficient salary sacrifice schemes
- Childcare allowance
- Cycle to work scheme