Senior Developer, PHP, Laravel
£50,000 - £85,000
Technology, Data Science and AI are at the heart of everything our client does, The code they write powers every aspect of our business from the recommendation engine powering our e-commerce experience right down to the genetic algorithms used to efficiently route boxes in our warehouse.
Using the latest technologies to create simple and elegant solutions to complex problems. they’re ‘all in’ on AWS using many of its services. Their platform and continuous delivery pipeline is fully automated using CloudFormation & Ansible, with them releasing code to production multiple times a day and they’re in the process of moving our microservices architecture to containers. They have built services in Python, PHP and Node.js with a significant proportion now delivered via AWS Lambda.
We are a passionate, determined and cohesive engineering team dedicated to delivering high quality software and the best possible experience for our customers. Software and technology is at the heart of our business, central to our strategy and pivotal to future growth of the business. We are looking for people to come and help make this possible.
What are we looking for?
Our client are looking for talented and passionate engineers to join our growing and highly bold team. We’re looking for people who:
· Love to code
· Spend time learning new technologies, experimenting with new frameworks, languages and design patterns
· Enjoy developing software in a fast paced start-up environment
· Like to work collaboratively across product, design, test and business teams
What you’ll be doing day-to-day
As a Developer here, you will:
· Work with our Product Managers, Head of Engineering and CTO to deliver high quality, enterprise-grade software solutions
· Develop new systems and features and maintain the existing code base
· Be responsible for code quality and implementing best practices
· Make suggestions and implement new technologies to improve our platforms
· Deep knowledge and experience of building PHP applications
· Experience with REST API development
· Knowledge of Continuous Integration tools (we use Codeship)
· Bonus points if you have:
· Experience of Laravel
· Experience of working with AWS
· Experience of designing and developing microservices
· Experience of developing with Lumen
· Knowledge of performance optimisation techniques and Instruments tools
They are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of their business. Currently employing over 20 nationalities and think it's deeply important to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation. We know, based on research, that some people are less likely to apply for this role. Please consider the above bullet points as guidance (our perfect candidate may not meet 100% of them) and if you feel you would be suitable for this role then please get in touch.
They also feel it’s massively important to hire adults and give them the freedom to get things done. We don't judge your performance by hours at your desk, but by the impact you have. While our office hours are 9am to 6pm, as long as people attend the morning stand-up for their squads the hours are flexible around this.
· Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
· Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
· Discounted Food boxes - 40% staff discount on Food boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
· Healthcare via Babylon Health
· Access to the Inhouse Academy training courses
· Gym Membership
· Cycle to work scheme
· Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
· Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
· Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks