Telecoms Engineer, London – VOIP, Mitel etc..
£30,000 - £35,000
Our client, are a well-known prestige family within the UK. Working as part of their Internal Staff, you will be providing support across a number of locations across the UK.
Their IT and Telecommunications team provides vital technical support, maintaining and developing our IT and Telecoms systems for the benefit over 2000 users across all sites.
Acting as a central point of technical expertise, you’ll oversee the service, equipment and facilities for our VOIP system telephone network and exchange lines.
You’ll set up new users, install cabling and phones, and configure handsets, as well as maintaining our phonebook of 3,000 extensions.
This role is customer facing, your role will involve meeting and working with users from all areas of the organisation who have very diverse needs.
Handling all telecoms related queries, you’ll identify and trace faults within the infrastructure, liaise with suppliers and resolve varied service issues, all to guarantee a secure and reliable service.
With the recent introduction of a new VOIP network, you’ll also provide customer helpdesk support, promoting and educating our users on the variety of benefits of our new telecoms system.
We don’t stand still here. With input into the telecoms system design and strategy, you’ll identify how our service can be better utilised and improved.
The variety of requests will stretch you, and prioritising them to maintain exceptional level of customer service will be your biggest challenge.
But knowing you're continuously improving our communication systems whilst developing your own skills and expertise will drive you on.
· You’ll be an experienced Telecoms Engineer, ITIL qualified (foundation level or above) and trained in Mitel 3300 platforms including MiVoice Business, VoiceMail and ideally Redbox Call Recording.
· Along with knowledge of the telecoms market, and telecoms technologies, including analogue, mobiles, ISDN, IP switching and telecoms security, you’re the expert we need.
· Experience working in a professional helpdesk environment would be helpful, but is not essential.
· What’s more important is your focus on customer service, which will be evident in everything that you do, and make you a real asset to the team.
· As an effective communicator and team player, you can quickly build positive relationships with colleagues and external contractors alike.
· And your methodical approach and problem solving skills will be critical to your success, enabling you to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
· You're flexible and accurate under pressure, able to constantly adapt to meet the needs of your customers.
· With 2000 users based in a number of different locations, a Full UK driving licence will be required for this role.
· Above all you’re committed to developing your expertise, and are keen to make the most of this exceptional opportunity.