Our Client have a simple ambition – to be the leading data focused technology business in Europe. We help businesses to harness their data and use it to understand, model anatd predict business performance - delivering improved engagement, efficiency and profitability.
The business has average annual growth of over 40% with a forecast turnover of £22m in 2018 and with plans to turnover £36m in 2022. We are leading the UK market in delivering Microsoft Azure based data platforms and our data science team is at the cutting edge of delivering machine and deep learning solutions. Our Client are currently 230 people across the UK and India.
They have an enviable client base with established long term client relationships across different sectors including household names such as Albert Heijn, BP, Premier Inn, Costa Coffee, Rolls Royce Selfridges and AIG. Our Client works with clients to help the enhance their use of data covering Advisory Services, Technical Solution Delivery and Managed Services.
Our success in Europe means we are opening a new office in Amsterdam to be our European Headquarters and are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to work with our European clients and help grow our European team.
Principal responsibilities will include:
• Driving and enhancing an established pipeline of new business opportunities within both established and net new client environments.
• Working closely with our chosen Data/Analytics vendors to build upon existing relationships and joint sales initiatives.
• Engage with clients at CxO level to establish requirements and align them with the solution offerings whilst engendering trust, understanding and credibility.
• Managing the enterprise solution sales cycle with tier one UK customers.
- Qualifying opportunities and engaging with clients at the early stage to develop a strong understanding of the bid process and competitive landscape.
- Leading the sales process from inception through to completion.
- Defining the structure and content of bid-responses. Including being an individual contributor of engaging bid content and presentations.
• Leading client engagements from a commercial perspective including commercial negotiation and the commercial point of escalation.
You will be an experienced software & services sales professional with previous experience and demonstrable commercial success within the BI and Advanced Analytics marketplace. Principal skills/experiences will include:
• Drive the capability to lead the sales delivery and be accountable for delivering a personal sales target.
• Demonstrable commercial experience within a software & services sales environment.
• Strong commercial awareness and the ability to manage a negotiation of complex software and services deals. (£0.25m - £1m).
• Understanding of the BI and Advanced Analytics marketplace and demonstrable experience of working with key vendors such as Microsoft/Oracle/SAAS/SAP etc.
• Exceptional communication skills including comfort presenting at CxO level and the ability to lead the development of marketing collateral and bid content.
• Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the EU.
• Salary Information: Basic salary ++++++ + significant benefits. Based on experience and track record.