Location: OBS, London
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000
Grade: Consultant / Senior Consultant
Our client is a leading European IT solution services organisation with 4,700 staff. Headquartered in London, Our Client has offices in the UK (London), Europe and the Americas.
Supporting the full software lifecycle, we cover application development and management, testing, digital media, consulting services, infrastructure management and cloud services.
Industry-focused verticals are led by professionals who speak our customers’ language, designing services for clients, complemented by world class delivery. Our solutions transform systems, platforms and processes for the world’s leading brands in Capital Markets, Banking, Payments, Insurance, Media, Retail and Telecommunications.
• Provide the senior level pre-sales support required by the Account Group Unit (AGU) as it sells to its clients and prospective clients.
• Oversee and undertake assignments in the larger, more complex and more critical projects running within the AGU to assure delivery and implement technical strategy.
• Ensure that an AGU works in alignment with TEAM and provide the input to and feedback on TEAM to ensure that it meets the needs of the AGU.
• Oversee the technical quality of project delivery across the AGU, ensuring that Our Client’s quality management and review processes are working effectively.
• Run research and development proof-of-concept exercises for new techniques and technologies at project, AGU and group level.
• Coordinate and where applicable deliver technical training for their AGU.
• Be responsible for the shepherding and involvement of the AGU’s technical staff in Our Client practices.
• Contribute to the development of Our Client’s overall service and proposition portfolio by taking on capability development projects beyond their own AGU.
• Develop an external profile as a speaker, writer and influencer beyond the firm through conference speaking and attendance, community events and publishing. (Desirable)
• Act as a leader, mentor and role model for the technical staff associated with the AGU.
• Essential – Experience with Media, Publishing and Retail background.
• Architect and Delivery focused at heart.
• Deep and broad technical capability within their discipline, being widely recognised as a highly capable individual contributor in their specialisation. (.NET and Java, Cloud).
• Leadership capabilities to lead, mentor and develop technical staff who are not their direct reports.
• Good appreciation of the technical content of all of Our Client’s service offer areas, meaning that (for example) a software developer should have a solid appreciation of other areas like user experience, data analytics, application management, infrastructure and testing as well as development.
• Communication skills that allow influence over a distributed group of high capability technical professionals, senior managers and clients.
• The ability and desire to learn new things quickly, often in a self-directed way, to allow the technical director to grow and keep pace with the industry and Our Client’s evolving service offer portfolio.
• Client facing skills that allow the technical director to confidently engage with clients, faceto-face or remotely, to represent Our Client’s capabilities and also work to resolve problems or concerns.
Offer and Benefits:
• Opportunity to work in an international environment.
• Career development opportunities.
• Competitive salary package.
Candidates will be required to complete full background screening before commencing employment, including UK Electoral Roll/Credit Check, Basic Disclosure Criminal Record Check and global sanction checks.