As an IT Support Engineer, you will work closely with the Systems Manager to manage Service Desk requests as well as mentoring a junior member of the team. In addition to the day to day requests, you will work closely with the wider team to implement projects such as planning desk and office moves, ordering equipment and dealing with 3rd party vendors.
You will liaise with stakeholders to track and help manage project streams as well as driving change and business improvement. You will be accountable and responsible for ensuring you and the team have excellent knowledge of all relevant systems, policies and processes and are able to demonstrate the delivery of a first class service to the user base.
You will ensure that coaching and mentoring is provided on a regular basis, focusing on performance feedback and demonstrate that you are a team player by collaborating with peers to promote positive relationships which deliver excellent results.
The Successful Applicant The successful candidate will have:
* Proven technical skills across a broad environment. You will be technically proficient across the Microsoft stack including Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory and Exchange.
* Knowledge of installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of desktop hardware and software
* Knowledge of customer service principles and practices - background in a customer service or operational working environment.
* Knowledge of Service Desk operations - use of a ticketing system for logging cases and excellent documentation skills.
* Ability to confidently communicate with all levels of staff through the business in a proactive and professional way. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to being successful.
* You will be detail-orientated with an ability to apply analytical skills given any situation.
* Knowledge and working experience of project management tools and methodologies would be highly advantageous - understanding of Prince2 and/or Agile methodologies
* Knowledge of ITIL Service Management Frameworks would be advantageous
Development of new software components
Full lifecycle of development:
discussion with users
producing specifications and prototype designs
writing new software
integration into end-to-end test suite
assisting the support team in training users
handling support and feedback
Good English and communication skills
Strong team working skills
Strong mathematics qualifications and experience
A proven interest in coding! This can either be post-graduate experience or as part of your degree.
A natural aptitude for software engineering, business analysis and problem solving
Knowledge of C++ or C# in a .Net environment but actual coding experience in any language will be considered.
SQL knowledge and experience
Specific knowledge of financial risk measurement
We require a maths literate graduate in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented implementation person to step up to a varied and challenging role where their contribution will be valued and rewarded accordingly.