Location: OBS, London
Start Date: Immediate Start
Day Rate/Salary: £88,000 - £98,000 + benefits (depending on experience)
Grade: Senior Manager
Our client is a leading European IT services organisation with 4,500 staff. Headquartered in London, Our client has offices in the UK (London), Germany (Frankfurt), Netherlands (Amsterdam), Denmark (Copenhagen), Romania (Bucharest, Cluj and Iasi), Moldova (Chisinau), Serbia (Belgrade), Bulgaria (Sofia), Macedonia (Skopje), USA (New York, Atlanta, New Jersey, and Seattle), Colombia (Bogota and Medellín) Argentina (Buenos Aires, Paraná and Rosario), Venezuela (Caracas) and Uruguay (Montevideo).
Supporting the full software lifecycle, we cover application development and management, testing, digital media, consulting services, infrastructure management and cloud services. Industry-focused verticals are led by professionals who speak our customers’ language, designing services for clients, complemented by world class delivery. Our solutions transform systems, platforms and processes for the world’s leading brands in Capital Markets, Banking, Payments, Insurance, Media, Retail and Telecommunications.
Description of Project
Taking over all responsibility for Our client’s delivery into a major Retail services client.
What will your role be?
To take full responsibility for the client relationships, expectation management, delivery and successful completion of complex projects, with significant business, political, or high-profile impact, and high-risk dependencies), to ensure that realistic project, quality, change control and risk management processes are maintained including revenue and cost forecasting. To appoint, monitor and control resources, revenue and capital costs against project budgets and manage expectations of all project, client and internal management stakeholders. You will be expected to fill client with a high level of confidence in our service capabilities and to contribute to the growth in the Retail domain generally.
· Liaise with system owner in client on roadmap and delivery progress.
· Responsible for providing aggregated progress information to the client.
· Helping the delivery teams unblock issues in the client.
· Facilitate, manage and maintain effective communication across teams and third parties.
· Major systems delivery experience.
· Experience of working with nearshore development teams.
· Ability to be located to travel. 3Days/week at the client site in Kingston
· Willingness to travel regularly to Romanian development centres.
· 10+ years of experience
· Project management experience
· Customer relationship experience
· Knowledge or ideally experience of agile development
· Good understanding of modern development quality practices
· Very good communication (and by this I don't mean just good English) and customer relationship skills this person will "sell" our ideas to the customer to get budgets and will have to present, justify, explain, be drilled for answers etc
· "Business Experience" - clear understanding of how a large corporation works and how things are done in business; brilliant minds that don't understand corporations are not an option
· Financial domain knowledge a plus
· Experience of delivering as a third party into a client.
· Strong communication skills.
Offer and Benefits:
· Opportunity to work in an international environment.
· Career development opportunities.
Candidates will be required to complete full background screening before commencing, including UK Electoral Roll/Credit Check, Basic Disclosure Criminal Record Check and global sanction checks