About the role
As a Ruby Developer, you'll be helping our client create the most incredible student banking app. You'd be an integral part in the direction and purpose of everything we do. With your experience, you'll influence the tools we use and the dependencies that our codebase has (or doesn’t have), whilst also helping to guide our roadmap and ingrain our values in our product.
The backend of Our client banking app is a solid and modern fundament for delivering users exciting functionality and data. By building solutions and API’s you will become a member of our core team.
- Build our platforms, systems and big data infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems and large-scale storage systems
- Participate in code review, design discussions, and process improvements
- Demonstrate a passion for the developer community and person learning and improvement
- Contribute to design and development efforts
- Work closely with a cross-functional team: product, marketing, and operations
- Help drive and bring innovation and improvement to the team
- Experience in Ruby and Rails
- Good understanding of microservice-based design
- Excellent communication skills: written and spoken English
- Theoretical and practical understanding of OOP, SOLID and CleanCode principles
- Experience using TDD practices
- Fluidity in operating Unix-based systems
- Experience in implementing and integrating with HTTP APIs
- Experience with REST/SOAP APIs
- Good understanding of Messaging Queue Protocols
- Pair programming experience
- Ability to coach more junior developers
- Experience in playing Mario Kart
PLEASE NOTE: Our client will only accept applications from candidates legally allowed to work in the UK. We will not be providing visa sponsorships for this role.